Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Classroom Photos

I'm ready for the students! I have finished decorating and organizing the classroom, lesson plans are ready, and copies have been made. These photos were taken before I placed names on their desks. I used owl name plates and placed magnets on the back, then stuck them to the front of the desks. 
I learned from my first year in third grade last year, that desks arranged in rows facing the front were the most comfortable seating for my students. I can see them, they can see me and the board, but they are still clustered together with other students so they have a shoulder partner or partners. I created a row down the middle because I like to move around.
The front of my classroom houses the center carts. I use 20 sets of task cards for math centers and 20 sets of task cards for literacy centers. Usually they use notebook paper to record their answers so I do not have to make so many copies, but I did copy the recording sheets for this month. Each student rotates through most of the 20 drawers throughout the month, so each student has his/her own center everyday. They just take the drawer their desk. I purchased the task cards from many, many TpT authors. I switch the task cards at the beginning of each month.
Because the math and literacy centers allow the students to practice many different skills, I use these anchor charts to create a reference wall. I am able to take the math charts off (magnetic) and use them on the document camera during my lessons.
My small group area
I use the stacking trays on the counter as student mailboxes. I purchased some nifty folders to use this year from Nicky's Folders. I am so excited for the students to use them as a Take Home Folder.
Hallway Display to showcase student work
The owls are hot glued to clothespins and have labels with the student names on them.

I hope you have a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...