Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Alphabet Arc Activities

I am sightly obsessed with Alphabet Arcs. Mom has sets that she uses with her small groups and I have wanted my own for a few years. I ordered seven of the laminated uppercase and lowercase mats and the plastic letters from www.alphabetletter.com and have used them a few times with my students during small groups. They have raced to place the letters in order on the mats, found letters as I say them and found letters for the sounds I say. But I just knew that these arc mats could be used for so much more. 


A few weeks ago I woke up at 1:00 A.M. and started to think about the alphabet arcs. After tossing and turning for thirty minutes, I decided to get up and sketch all the ideas so maybe I could get back to sleep. Here is what I came up with:
You can find the kit here. I made the picture cards in both color and outline for easy printing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...