Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Fun

What have you been up to this summer? In between appointments with doctors, dentist/orthodontist appointments (girls are getting many permanent and baby teeth pulled and 2nd sets of braces), and professional development sessions, I have been writing and creating materials to use with our new Journeys reading series. I am almost finished with unit 4 of 6, I am waiting on some clip art for the next unit. So, I decided to get a jump start on printing, laminating, and organizing my materials. In February, I switched from my cute centers to the Daily 5 centers. I would spend all day Saturday writing and creating the units/packets and then all day Sunday prepping. So this summer, I decided that I would get all the units written and prepped during the break so maybe, just maybe, I can have my weekends back. I hope to use the cute centers (must-do) along with the Daily 5 centers (can-do).

Here is a sampling of the units. There is so much in each packet, I could not include it all. I plan to use photos like these as the "preview" feature for the units at my TpT store.
Nursery Rhymes (2 weeks)

Unit 1, Lesson 1 Families

Unit 1, Lesson 2 School


After I print everything, this is how I organize the units:
I put all the paper copies in a plastic sleeve and place it in a binder. I label it at the bottom with the unit, lesson, and theme. My binders are organized by month. I purchased my binder covers here and here.

I put the whole group chart pieces and center game pieces in a large envelope, label it, and place it in a box. My boxes are organized by month. I tried to organize them by nine weeks, but I had too much stuff. I found some super cute box labels for free here.

I hope you are enjoying your time off!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be all set next year!!! =) I love it! Thanks for sharing my binder covers! I have some drawer labels to match your binder covers on my store as a freebie as well if you are interested! =)

    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Monthly-3-drawer-Organizers-257690

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...