Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mathematics Centers

About 17 years ago, I spent one week during the summer receiving Math Their Way training. At the time I was teaching first grade and I used the manipulatives and some of the activities, but not as much as I am now with my kindergarteners. We are lucky to have the Investigations Math Kit to use as a resource and that is what I use to plan my whole group lessons, but for my math centers I have updated the recording sheets.
I started using these centers last week:
Linking Cubes Center

Beans Center (they are plastic)

2-Sided Counters Center

Pattern Blocks Center

Counting Jars Center (color code the lids and place counters in them)

Dice Center

 I have a few more I plan to switch out sometime in the next few weeks. The students have enjoyed playing these "games" and recording the "combinations." They are becoming more fluent everyday!


3 comments:

  1. Love these- do you have them available in your store?
    pjbs@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, they are called Math Centers Recording Sheets.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jennifer! You are amazing! I use your math centers in my First Grade Fluency Centers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...