Saturday, October 20, 2012

Gardening Literacy Unit and Math Centers

This unit is perfect to teach before Thanksgiving. I usually teach about Nutrition and then about the First Thanksgiving (planting and the feast). For this unit, I focused on types of gardens, vegetables and flowers (products of gardens). I did not include any materials or lesson plans about plant needs or parts with this unit. A book to read during this unit is Whose Garden Is It? by Mary Ann Hoberman. It really is the perfect book to review how plants and animals can live together and help each other. There are many ideas and materials to use with Informational Texts about Gardens and I have included the Common Core Standards for the activities.
Click here if you are interested in this unit. 
I also have the coordinating Mathematics Centers. 
Check back for my next project-Panda Bears!

4 comments:

  1. You always have good useful things to share. I love your blog!
    Christy :)
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really do enjoy sharing.

      Delete
  2. So my teammates have been using your Reading Street book packs and I have to tell you- they are AWESOME!!!! I will definitely be purchasing some after our next paycheck! I love how the centers are the same skills with new words and such! That helps our kiddos work independently when they are doing the same type of activity with new words and such! I am so impressed with all the work you put in them! =)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you are using the packets. I hope that it saves you some time planning and helps you add in all the informational text. I am enjoying them too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...