Sunday, September 2, 2012

Free Math Game-Common Core


In all of my Mathematics Packets, I am including spinner games for centers. We were having a hard time figuring out how to fasten the "spinner" part and then mom solved it. To celebrate this, here is a FREE greater/less spinner game with a spinner!


These are the materials she used:
a hammer
a long screw
Brass Fasteners 1/2 inch size
Brass Basting Pins Size 2, with a hole at the end
Flat washers #8 (Bulldog Hardware)

Directions:
On a hard surface, put the screw in the middle of the spinner (pointed tip down) and hit it with the hammer to make a small hole. Put the safety pin, then the washer (smooth side beside the pin) on the brad and put it though the hole. Fasten in the back and adjust so the safety pin will spin!

This is how we are organizing our center baskets - we are putting the game pieces in small baskets.


Mom made dice squares to fit her soft dice. If this is something you like, I will include it in the packets.

Here are some things we are doing this week:
 Write the Room

Predictable Chart- I prewrite the sentence frames and add student names on the side. 

So proud of my cute new rug!
And mom's new rug, too!


10 comments:

  1. I would LOVE the die squares! I just got some soft dice and would love the die dots squares to put in them! Please?? Thank you! :-)

    Amy

    Sweetpea5910@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the game! Hope ya'll are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea for spinner. So smart! Can't wait to try it!

    Love your blog!

    Sara
    Kinderaffe2ndgraders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST made a 10-frame spinner & was searching for the spinner part ideas & lookie what I see here... would it be alright if I included a link to your post here for spinner assistance?

    ~ Kimberlee ~

    Two Fulbright Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SOOO much - extend a thank to your lovely mother too for the spinner part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love the dice squares too! Already have the soft dice! :-) Thanks!

    lisakoehoorn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...