Saturday, August 4, 2012

Storage Tip

If you need extra storage, you could put the items in a container and put it under a table. If the table is against a wall, and your chairs do not go all the way to the other side when pushed in, you can easily slide the storage containers in and still have room to push the chairs in.
Before:
After-under the computer table:

My word wall is finished and after working on it, I have some ideas for you.
If you want to make sure the cards are lined up and have good spacing, then use quilter's pins to attach the top corners, staple from the bottom and then remove the pins (so the cards do not shift). It looked better when I put staples in the border instead of the white section. The whole project took me twice as long because I kept missing the borders of the cards! I think I still need to trim the ribbons on my banner, it looks great in person, but unkempt in the photo! The headings have a large popcorn shape because we call them popcorn words!


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It works out nicely because the toys are out of sight, pout of mind, but they can get to them during indoor recess.

      Delete
  2. Your word wall is so neat and perfect...I feel like mine looks a hot mess! I like how all of your words are the same size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you attached the ribbon to your letters? I love how your garland looks and would love to do the same in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just punched two holes using a hole punch. One at the top and one at the bottom and tied them together.

      Delete
  4. I love the word wall letters! Could you please tell me where I could find them? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize! I just found them on TPT. Love your work and will be ordering from your store!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...