Saturday, August 18, 2012

Concepts of Print

I just got this finished and wanted to post it today.
This packet has 3 activities to use for concepts of print. You can use the sorting cards as a whole group activity. The students will help to sort cards that are letters, numbers, words and sentences. There are 2 worksheets to use as a follow-up activity. Then I made a T-chart to use for letters in the student's name and letters not in the student's name. Click here for the packet of activities!

10 comments:

  1. Looks good, Jennifer! :) Hey, I see that you do Reading Street...Do you have any 1st grade teacher friends that do Reading Street? I'd love to find someone else to share ideas with. Thanks!
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know some, but they do not blog. I am having a blast making the packets to go with the stories and I get my lesson plans and materials done super early!

      Delete
  2. This is a great set of activities for the beginning of the year! I can't wait to put it to good use. Thanks for sharing! :-)
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I definitely need it with my kids this year! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they enjoy it and learned a lot too!

      Delete
  4. I blogged about you today! I did a post about beginning of the year kindergarten and I had a small concepts of print freebie as well : )

    have a good day!
    Kelli
    Tales From a Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...