Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Writing Rubric Scoring Idea-Teacher Tip

We use the 6+1 trait writing rubric to score student writing. Each month, the students write about a topic and the paper is scored and placed in the writing portfolio. Usually we attach (staple) the rubric to it and circle the score. I had an idea and my team liked it well enough that we all used them for our writing portfolio pieces. My idea was to just put the rubric for the trait on the writing piece, and then we would not have to staple a rubric to it.
Do you think this is a good idea?
I do not use the handwriting lines paper unless it is a final revised copy. I just want them to write and not worry too much about the writing formation.


7 comments:

  1. I think that's perfect!! It makes it so much easier to assess the writing. We do something similar with our writing prompts at school where the rubric is at the top & it's nice to have it right in front of us while scoring.
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful! Thanks so much!

    http://sprinklestokindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/07/check-out-these-giveaways.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. I’m your newest follower. Please check out my blog if you get a chance. Calling Plays in 2nd Grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I am going to your blog right now!

      Delete
  4. I am curious what the term "looks like other students work means? DO you mean in comparison to themselves or do you mean they copied from another student?
    Otherwise, I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...