Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Write the Room Cards-Display Ideas

My daily early morning phone call with my mother inspired this latest project. Here are some ideas to use for displaying Write the Room Cards in permanent areas throughout your classroom. If you don't want to make your own, I have created a packet of thematic buttons to attach to the clothespins and a variety of colors in the backgrounds. I am selling this packet at Teachers Pay Teachers for $2.00. (These coordinate with my 5 Write the Room Packets at TpT.) I use Write the Room as a Literacy Center. See my previous posts here  and here.
Here are the ideas:

You could just hot glue thematic icon buttons to clothespins and place the clothespins in areas around your room. This would allow you just clip new cards very easily each week.
Another idea is to place background cards throughout the room and then attach the cards with Velcro.
Or you could do both a background and clothespin with thematic icon button. This is how I will display mine throughout my room. I will probably do a Write the Room for Math Centers, too and will just put the math card behind the word card. I could have a student helper switch them out for Math Centers.
The themes include: oceans, pirates, ladybugs, stars, Hollywood, apples, bees, beach, jungle, owls, crayons and pencils. The background cards come in two sizes, and the colors include red, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, pink, black and assorted brights.

2 comments:

  1. Genious!! What a great idea! I have been thinking about how I am going to implement write the room this year and where I'm going to put all of those cards (and not lose every single one of them). BTW I LOVE your write the room packets!!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it will help when someone comes in your classroom and wonders about the random pictures on the wall. They will better understand the purpose behind it all!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...