Saturday, July 7, 2012

Shared or Guided Reading Books-Colors

Last year, I needed informational text books about colors that showcased each color in a simplistic and kid-friendly way. I had trouble finding books so I made my own using clip-art (I love to make things!). I thought maybe some of you were having the same problem, so I re-made them and am selling them on Teachers Pay Teachers. Click here if you are interested. There are 11 books-one for each color (red, blue, green, yellow, orange, black, brown, white, gray, pink, and purple) and they have 10 pages each. I used simple text with very basic high frequency words so that after a few repeated readings the students should be able to read with you, or independently. They would be prefect to use for a unit about colors or during those beginning weeks in first grade for shared or guided reading. Here are a few pages from the books:


13 comments:

  1. Hey check your e-mail. I need your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These emergent color readers are great! Love them. I am giving you the Versatile Blogger and the One Lovely Blog Award. You deserve it!
    Pamela
    First Class Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are precious! Have you seen my color word song posters???? They would go perfectly with those books you made! You can download them here: http://underthealphabettree.blogspot.com/search/label/color%20word%20songs

    =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will add them to my lesson plans. I love to sing!

      Delete
  4. p.s. I LOVE your new blog design! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer,

    Thanks for checking out my blog. I am now your newest follower. I definitely have to tell my kinder teachers about your blog!!

    Christa
    sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks-I get ideas from all grade levels. I have fifth graders so following them all helps me at home!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...