Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Anecdotal Records

There may be a time when you need to provide additional informal data/information about students (for evaluations, parents, administrators). Anecdotal Records are simply short, handwritten notes about students. When portfolio "authentic" assessments and the Whole Language movement exploded in the 1990's, we were taught about these in education courses. 
To keep these records, I made a form with a box for each students' name. The form can be used for the day or for the entire week. I jot down anything out of the ordinary, any problems or successes. I store the pages in a binder, so I can refer to them when needed. Click here for a sample sheet. Here is an example of my anecdotal records:


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the anecdotal records sheet!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! They are super easy to make!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennifer, I use something similar only for keeping up with grades. I found the idea somewhere out there in blogland and I love it! Being able to see it all on one page with room for comments is a plus. I am your newest follower. Please visit me at my newborn blog!!!

    Chris
    http://thekindergardenteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I am a new follower at your blog. I am so glad that you posted a comment about it so I could find you!

      Delete
  3. thankyou for providing me the guidance













    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...