Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Fishing Net for a Display


I used a fishing net for my Happy Birthday Display (Ocean Theme). All that is missing are my students' photos! This also acts as a name word wall. If you want to use a fishing net for a display, I spent 1 1/2  hours on this and I have some tips.

1. It takes time to make the net look just right. I used white "easy up clips" that have a clip and wax on them to put the net up and bunch pieces of it together. Then when the entire display was finished I hot glued the top. Use a clothespin to place the items where you want them before you use the paper clips
2. You can tie things to the fishing net or make a loop and hang with a paper clip (to resemble a fishing hook).





3. Attach the paper clip though one of the net holes, then slip the loop through one side of the paper clip.


I used a real fishing net from my dad's shed (he never used it, no smell). I was able to cut it in half and will use the other half for another display. Dollar Tree has them in brown and I think they will be easier to work with.


10 comments:

  1. That looks very cool! Was it frustrating to put up?

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not really have a plan, I just kind of made it up as I went along-that part made it frustrating, so yes!

      Delete
  2. It looks great! I just bought one at Michaels. Thanks for your tips! :)

    ~ Lisa
    http://teachingkindergartenkiddos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of your blog. I am nominating you for an award, which you may have already received, but who doesn't love another link to their site and a shout out for their skills! Come by and check it out.
    kindergartenkidlets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...