Sunday, June 10, 2012

Word Wall Banner

I made this to use for my new Word Wall. I used scrapbook papers with green in them and mounted on black cardstock. The letters are called "Dot-to-Dot" and are made by Creative Teaching Press. I plan to put it above the board with my word wall words that I purchased from Erica Bohrer. The board background will be black fabric and I ordered the green border to match her board.
I am now selling these banners digitally through my Teachers Pay Teacher store. Here is my newest post for the word wall banners. 
I have also created Editable Banners so that you can create banners in your room for anything! See mt TpT store. This packet includes all colors and 2 different sizes.



Once it is on the wall I will tidy-up the strings and shorten them. I enjoyed making this and now will make a Happy Birthday Banner for my Birthday display. I will probably try the pennant style and use sheer ribbons and netting to attach them. I am not very crafty but this was actually fun!

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! I have been trying to think of a creative way to make a heading for my word wall and I think this is it. Thanks for the great idea!

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and started following it. I love the word wall banner! What a great summer project idea.

    Kristen
    Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you found me! I am going to your blog right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This banner is too cute!
    I'm your newest follower.

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome! I am so glad that you like the banner. It took about 2-3 hours to make, but a cricut could make it in a lot less time. I am a little old school- file folder template and scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am IN.LOVE with this banner! You have my wheels turning on how to incorporate this into my classroom theme next year! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny! It was a great one day project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for coming by and following my blog. Now I have discovered (and am following) yours! Best of luck with your blog - it's adorable!

    Ѽ Alessia
    Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute! Where exactly did you get the letters? What teacher store? I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the "Letters Black Dot-to-Dot" made by Creative Teaching Press. I just got one pack of the uppercase letters.
      I plan to get smaller ones in a different font to make the birthday banner. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. Too cute!!! Love your ideas, they are so creative and just stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you-I get my inspiration from visiting all the blogs. Your blog is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you're not crafty, you hide it well. That's very sweet!
    (Thanks for letting me follow.)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the compliment. I try really hard, my SIL is much better a it than I am. I am of to visit your blog right now. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also just found your blog and love your ideas. How did you get the ribbons to stay on the circles for your word wall display? Are they tied to the circles? Thanks again!! Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you found me! Yes-just punch a hole on one side of the circle, then do the same to the other circle and tie them together! I hot glued mine to the wall and had to hot glue some of the ribbons so they would stand up!

      Delete
  15. Wow great idea... this is really pretty. Thanks for sharing this with us. i was looking for 3x3 popup wall but you gave me nice idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...