Saturday, June 2, 2012

Thinking Maps






Here are some thinking maps I created. Our evaluations are based on a rubric and there are sections for thinking and problem solving, so I always included one of these in my lessons. I have smartened up since I made these and created some "generic" thinking maps that I can just write on with a vis-a-vis pen and wipe off. I found that I was spending 1-2 hours on Sunday night creating these and needed something I could just "pull" and use on hand at any time. I will post pictures of them when I get back to school in August. But there are some I created for one week this past year.

8 comments:

  1. These maps are great.Another option is to velcro the pieces on once you have laminated the basic map. It makes it more interactive and the kids love to help put the pieces where they belong.
    Thanks for your wonderful comments and we are friends!!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran-Welcome! I love your idea. My goal is to make pictures and headers and laminate them and then just be able to pull them put and put them on the generic boards. I also have pre-made answers for Venn diagrams, T charts, etc. for the more difficult topics and to use as a learning tool. I love thinking maps- they have made my lessons so much more complete. I am glad to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved your thinking maps! You have always been an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your thinking maps are amazing too!

      Delete
  4. These are FABULOUS! This is exactly why I wish we had more kindergarten collaboration throughout the district!!! =)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree- anytime you want to get together just let me know!

      Delete
  5. Your thinking maps are great! I especially liked your Pumpkin "are, have, make", because we can use this for writing lessons with beginning First Graders and throughout the year as an intervention. Good Luck with your blog! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally you can use it. Did you see my "shoutout: to you in the literacy centers post above? It was your idea to do the "must-do". I still remember that conversation and how you walked me through it. Good to "see" you here! Anytime you want to guest blog..just let me know!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...