Saturday, June 2, 2012

Patterning






Again I am not sure we will be patterning with Common Core, but just in case someone can use these ideas. We made Twizzler patterns using small cut pieces of Twizzler candy and bracelet elastic string. I made fun foam patterns and they used fun foam pieces to copy them. They used the die cuts to make patterns. I cut them and put them in plastic bags. They rotated the bags around the table until everyone had made patterns with each bag of shapes. My favorite activity was making the pattern links, which I used as a display. The Pattern Parade is my mom's patterning display.

4 comments:

  1. Oh! I love the twizzler pattern bracelets! What a yummy idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the Investigations correlation to common core Math. I got the 1st grade and am liking the hands on lessons for numeration.
    http://investigations.terc.edu/library/common_core/GK_InvCCSS_Corr.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey this is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...