Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lesson Plan Templates

Our lesson plans are written weekly and are checked by our administrators every week. In the boxes for each lesson, we type the I can statement, describe the lesson (what I will do, read; what the students will do; what materials they will use), then we end the section with assessment (what we will do to check for understanding-teacher observation, response cards, dry erase boards, etc.)  I am attaching the template. I made this a long time ago and used Thistlegirl Designs clip art to decorate it.

Weekly Lesson Plan Template


My small group plans are on a separate lesson plan template. I have one for Reading and one for Mathematics. They are basically the same, but I am only attaching the reading. I changed the student names at the bottom. I type what I am doing for each small group - no standards or assessments.

Small Group Plans Template

This is what I use for the reading books my students read during small group. This is adapted from Jessica Meacham's website. I type in all the information- higher order questions, vocabulary, etc. and then copy using cardstock. I put it in a plastic sleeve and then file it with the books. When it is time to use that book, I take this lesson plan and put it in the small group binder with the lesson plans. It saves me from having to type so much out. I can just type "use the detailed plans for the story".

Guided Reading Template

I was thinking about re-designing my lesson plans to daily plans, like Mrs. Jump's plans that she has posted. I am worried that it may require even more time than it already does and really I rarely look at my plans to teach anyway. What do your plans look like?

2 comments:

  1. I do my lesson plans just like Deanna's! I can email you the format if you'd like! =)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to find yours on your blog. I love them! Is it easy to fill in all the different pages? I think I can make one similar to yours, but if you want to send it, feel free too (district email would be fine)! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...