Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Banner

Last year (and the year before and before that) my happy birthday display was nothing special. Really-just large seasonal month cutouts with my students' pictures on them that matched the month they were born. Since my classroom is undergoing a makeover, this Happy Birthday Banner will jazz it right up! I have lots of the Happy Birthday Banners on sell at Teachers Pay Teachers (button to the right). I made color families, assorted colors and a blank template so you can choose your own paper. The banners do coordinate with the Word Wall Banners. Here is the banner in assorted brights tied together with tulle (fancy, eh). These pictures do not show it's true beauty-it really is pretty.



 Here are some close-ups:



These are the month shapes that I will again put the student pictures on and then attach them to a fish net (ocean theme) mounted on the wall. See, told you it was blah...

Yeah! Another display done! Check out Teachers Pay Teachers if you want one..they coordinate with the Word Wall Banners.

10 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever posted the student's birthdays-we have pretty limited space but that would definitely cut down on them all asking me when theirs was every time we had one!

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. I don't have a calendar board anymore because we do calendar journals, so this helps them learn to read the months and then I also post the students names with their picture-so it kinda becomes another word wall of sorts!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you very much. My next display area is to copy your board that you divide into sections and put shapes, colors,etc. I have my border, just gotta get the stuff to put in each section!

      Delete
  3. I love your b'day board banner! I'm hoping to make a few pendent banners for my room this summer!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will look so cheerful! Thank you...

      Delete
  4. I am loving pennant banners right now. your Birthday banner of so fun and colorful!!

    ❤- Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww..thanks, I think it turned out okay. I was worried though when I was putting the tulle through the holes, they just did not look dark enough, but it worked out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...