Monday, June 25, 2012

DIBELS Fluency

During my small reading groups, I like to devote 3-5 minutes for a warm-up activity which involves practicing the DIBELS skills. I have made a packet that contains 10 practice activities for each of the sub-skills (FSF, LNF, PSF, NWF).

This is how I practice:
Monday- practice First Sound Fluency
Tuesday-practice Letter Naming Fluency
Wednesday-practice Phonemic Segmentation Fluency
Thursday-practice Nonsense Word Fluency

I use the 10 lists for 10 weeks, then rotate through them again, or sometimes I use different materials/activities for variety.
I am selling this DIBELS Fluency packet at Teachers Pay Teachers for $4.00, but you can click here to get a sample packet.


8 comments:

  1. Hey thanks! I am a grab it and go kinds teacher. I need something easy to get the lesson started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I like it when I can practice quickly!

      Delete
  3. Hello! Just found your blog! My fiancee and I are looking to move to TN! I graduate in May of 13, his family lives in Morristown TN! Do you like teaching in TN!? Would love to hear all about it!

    Jenna
    Just diving In

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tennessee is a great place to teach. We have undergone some changes with the evaluation system (TEAM) and this year we are implementing the Common Core. I have never taught anywhere else-so I love it here! Good luck to you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...